Monday, September 8, 2014

My Reflections on Esther

Every time God's Word is opened, there are words of encouragement, words of love, words to live by all in a timely manner that is directed at me.  It never ceases to amaze me that God knows exactly what I need to hear and by His grace and love, I am so thankful that I have the ability and freedom to read and learn from Him.

The book of Esther is such a wonderful story for the Jews.  It is, yet another example, of God not letting His people go.  I think we easily forget God's faithfulness to this people, especially with them being the target to so much hate right now and always.  But didn't God say that would happen?  Hasn't that always been included in His story (history).

I decided that in this blog, once a certain book or section came to a close, I wanted to reflect on what I took away from it.  I feel like there is so much you can get from the Bible, each and every time you read it.  I always take something new away or get reminded of something I had forgotten.  I love how it works that way. 

In Esther I learned:
  • God is faithful to His promises
  • God loves those who love Him
  • God will bless those who love Him
  • Sometimes you have to be courageous, even to the point of death
  • God will lift up the humble, but bring the proud down
  • We will all get the justice we deserve
  • God will place you in circumstances that are not just mere coincidence-He has a purpose and a plan
  • When surrounded by the right, godly company, great things can be accomplished (King Xerxes was a different man when he was around Queen Esther than when he was with Haman)
  • The company you keep is important
  • Your foolishness can destroy the other people in your life that you love (Haman's desire to kill Mordecai resulted in, not only his death, but later, the death of his sons)
There are so many instances of God hands throughout this story, even though His name isn't mentioned one time in the book of Esther.  I love how He works.  Sometimes, it is almost too incomprehensible.  God can and WILL do great things through the people who love Him.  I hope that I can have a heart like Esther!

No comments:

Post a Comment